My Internet Footprint

While most teenagers and even some younger groups are slowly entering the world of social media, I am not really that big into it. True, I do find the concept and how it is utilized fascinating, but at the same time, I can see all the problems it has on both a personal and social level. More people are seeing how toxic and unsatisfying it can be but use it due to addiction. But the constant stream of communication and information spread is also a great thing. 


Personally, I use a few writing sites, YouTube, Deviantart, and LinkedIn as my main source. My preferred writing site would be Archive of Our Own which allows me to post my written work. Although I have gained a nice sized following there over the past 3 years I have spent on the site. It has been fun and it is through that audience that I was able to grow into other endeavors. 


Deviantart is more used for artwork of those stories of which, it is typically just scenes or character artwork. And YouTube is just meant to share my creative side with video editing, most notably stream highlights. All three of which fall under an online alias with a different email to ensure I have not handed out any personal information. 


Not much can be gained about me through these sites other than my interest in entertainment and writing styles. LinkedIn would be the only time I used my face and actual name on anything. There you can find some of my work and work experience. Otherwise, not much else. 


My Personal LinkedIn Banner


I know if I am ever interviewed for a job, they will look into me on social media. But, with how little I have there, there isn’t much to find. I do use some foul language when on YouTube, but that is a spur of the moment thing with my reactions. As for doing other illegal things potentially, that implies I have a social life where these results could be a factor. 


Although, in creating my YouTube channel along with my writing account and LinkedIn, I did have to sacrifice some personal information such as my Cellphone number. However, my legal name and age remain anonymous on most platforms I am on. 


While my internet and social media footprint is pretty small, I do enjoy the content I produce. I look forward to what else I can create. With High Point and the Internet, I have been able to release some content in the realm of movies and TV shows as well onto the internet. Movies such as One Last Drink which got 5th place in a Film Festival, and shows like Past The Breaking Point, HPU’s most popular student-run show. 


And because of this, I intend to let my internet footprint grow and develop with the content I want to produce as well. 


If you want to read more about the reason why I stayed off social media for so long, go here: https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-health/social-media-and-mental-health.html 


https://www.thehealthy.com/mental-health/negative-effects-of-social-media/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Need for Anti-War

EOTO-YouTube

Statues Being Torn Down and Why It is Wrong